Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Chance to Air Our Concerns About Public Radio?

Tomorrow (June 15) on "Talk of the Nation," one of host Neal Conan's guests will be NPR Ombudsman Jeffrey Dvorkin.  According to the NPR website:

"The Ombudsman is the public's representative to National Public Radio, serving as an independent source of information, explanation, amplification and analysis for the public regarding NPR's programming."

Perhaps this is our chance to bring forth our concerns about the Bush Administration's agenda for public radio/television.  If enough of us listen and call in to bring up the right points, perhaps we will make a loud enough noise that someone will pay attention... 

"Talk of the Nation" airs from 11 am to 1 pm here on the west coast.  Make the calculations for your time zone, make sure you know which station in your area airs the program, and tune in.  It couldn't hurt. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa-
    I love NPR and have been an avid listener for many years. I was so glad to see this post about this very important program today. Here lately I have not been listening to NPR (which I miss) and I thank you for letting us all know about this program today with Jeffrey Dvorkin . Unfortunetly I have missed the live airing of the program and have to wait until 3:00 PM our time, PST to listen to it. It's only 2 1/2 hours away.

    So sorry I haven't visited your journal in such a long time but as my newest entry explains (http://journals.aol.com/schoolgal040/SoMuchMore/entries/991) I have had an "awakening" of sorts and also still battling with the grief process of Mom.

    I have missed you the most my friend!

    Gayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this hot flash about NPR.

    ReplyDelete