Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Saturday Night's Reflection

I feel like I’ve taken a step backward in time. Here I sit, ensconced in my bunk in the trailer; flashing back to the essence of what was the sum total of "My Business" less than a year ago. The 8 ½ months of nearly overwhelming work and worry that have been the story of my life since July 1, 2006 have, for at least a few hours (with me wielding the biggest mental eraser I can lay my hands upon) faded into the background. For this short time, I have returned to what was definitely a simpler life.

A far less challenging life.

A far less frustrating life.

A far less rewarding life.

For what great reward was ever gotten without sacrifice? Without a massive investment of time? And energy? And blood, sweat, and tears?

Life is not the lottery. It is not a matter of buying the winning ticket and having it all handed to you on a silver platter. We say that’s what we want. The easy life. Instant success.

But what would we be, really, if that was what life was all about?

Could it really be called "Life?"

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes all the ups and downs, disappointments and setbacks, challenges and failures can make for an interesting life. At times, I'd like to win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sistah!! There are too many people, in my opinion, that want things handed to them. I think the concept is getting even more prevalent with the younger generations. I believe in dreaming but you gotta work to get there.

    I'm glad you are able to reap your rewards. I hope they continue to grow. You deserve it all and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, where are you cooking this weekend? Or since it's Sunday now, where were you cooking this weekend. Somewhere semi fun, I hope. I don't believe we were meant to have it easy. We can get into to much trouble other wise.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete