Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Promise I'll Write...

It hasn’t escaped my notice that I’ve been rather neglecting the journal the past few weeks. The problem is, nothing and everything are happening at once. When I sit down at the computer in the evening during my last 30 minutes of semi-conscious time each day, I’m too drained to do anything but go around to my friends’ blogs and leave a lame comment or two. Writing anything more than three coherent sentences strung together is the impossible dream after a day spent juggling the endless tasks of the fearless entrepreneur.

On the other hand, things have been going along so decently that I really want to share my victories with everyone, as much as I shared every woeful tale wrung from my exhausted gut all winter. But then, the "going along decently" part spawns its own set of obstacles. Yes, business is improving. So I’m still tired… It’s just a much superior incarnation of exhaustion.

I am in the middle of a 12-straight-day string—my cook asked for the weekend off, so I had to don the chef hat for the weekend. Including Sunday, which is my normal day off. To say that I was a bit cranky about having to work today would be putting it mildly. Yet, I don’t begrudge my cook the days off. Her daughter’s birthday was this weekend, and Ms. Cook wanted the weekend to spend some "quality time" with her kid. You can’t say "no" to that…

So…sometime this week, I will try to asseble enough conscious time to post a "ten good things" list. And, for the first time in…forever….it might be difficult simply choosing the ten best things that have happened over the past few weeks.

Happy happy!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that things are going well.  It has to make such a difference to see things moving in a positive direction...even if it is through a veil of exhaustion.

    We'll wait until you're ready....do what needs to be done and please....find some time for a little self care.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. And one of the 10 is that you gave your cook a break!

    htto://searchthesea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this.  I'm sorry you're so tired, but everything else is wonderful.  It was so good of you to give your cook the time off.  A lot of people wouldn't have.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad your doing well, I was worried about you>
    Shadie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely news that things are going so well ~ you have worked hard to get there ~ Ally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the ten good things.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear the restaurant business is doing well.  Rick and I will have to make it back there on a day you are there so you can wait on us hand and foot!  LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a fabulous thing to have as a problem!!!


    Busy tooo busy!!!!!




    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear things are on the up and up.  These things take time, I'm sure.  I don't know a thing about the restaurant business and catering to the public via their stomachs but I suspect it's one of the most difficult tasks in the world.  I'm so glad to read that your life is moving forward in a good, positive direction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are experiencing the good kind of exhaustion for a change.  Your entry sounds very upbeat and optimistic - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Lisa, I am darned happy for you that you are exhausted from all of your efforts and all of the business is good stuff.  It does stink to be tired, but a good tired is better than a bad tired.

    Looking forward to ten good things.  I need YOUR ten good things right now.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you gave your cook the time off and why...you are good people, Lisa, and you deserve to be happy!

    :)

    Judi

    ReplyDelete