Monday, October 29, 2012

Deer Me


As an aspiring shamanist, it’s incumbent upon me to take note of unusual animal encounters.  I personally tend to focus on my encounters with birds, since I seem to be particularly sensitive to their presence and/or message.

But when we were on the coast two weeks ago, we had an encounter with a fur-person.  And she was neither elusive nor shy.  In fact, I think she was trying to wangle a dinner invitation.  Yes, I know there are a lot of deer in the forests; and I know many of them have become savvy about the dining opportunities provided by people living in little metal boxes in the woods.  But in all my years of camping, this is the first time I’ve had a deer follow me home.  So I guess you could call this an unusual encounter…one that could contain some signal or advice from the Universe.

Here’s what one of my reference tomes had to say about an encounter with Deer:
 
“When deer shows up in your life, it is time to be gentle with yourself and others.  A new innocence or freshness is about to be born.  There is going to be a gentle, enticing lure of new adventures.  Ask yourself important questions.  Are you trying to force things?  Are others?  Are you being too critical and uncaring of yourself?”

Interesting that I should discover this today;  last night I started incrementally moving toward a search for “The Next Thing.”  From the point of view that I should think outside the box and explore something completely different.  I could use a “gentle, enticing lure…”  An explosion of inspiration might just send me high-tailing it in the opposite direction.   

1 comment:

  1. waiting for inspiration seems to be a consistent theme among a few of us...is it perhaps a response to autumn, the longer nights, the nature of going underground and letting roots grow?

    ReplyDelete