Monday, November 5, 2018

Deja Vu All Over Again

Getting a little deja vu going on in my life, and I'm not sure I like it.  Two years ago, we planned a vacation to Canada that began just after the election.  We joked  that if Trump won, maybe we wouldn't come back.  He did, and we did...but often find myself wishing we hadn't.

This week, we've planned a vacation that once again commences two days after the election.  We're only going north to Washington, so there's no joking about not coming back if the election doesn't result in a true about-face for our national character.

But, honestly, if we don't take back our beautiful country next week, I don't know what I'll do.  I've been angry, bereft, incredulous and depressed since November 2016. I can't think what condition I'll be in if I have to endure another two years--or, god forbid, MORE--of the horrific dismantling of everything good, true, moral and laudable about our crumbling nation.  

I boldly call upon the Creator of All Things to bless us with light, healing, and a return to sanity in the coming election.  We are so desperate for these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment