Monday, January 13, 2020

Crazy, Not Crazy


I wonder how many of the six people who read my "Come Back to Us" post think I've finally gone 'round the bend.

I thought about that for a moment...and then I decided to point out something to those who may have come to that conclusion.  

One's connection to the Spirit of Creation is entirely personal and of one's own choosing...perhaps guided or nudged in a given direction by the Spirit Itself.

If you happen to adhere to one of the world's primary religions, and it makes you feel connected to your concept of "god," and it helps you to be a better human being, knock yourself out.

But don't think that those who follow a different spiritual path are wrong or crazy, or have beliefs that are really "out there."

Five years ago, I posted this on "Better Terms"--my long neglected political blog--in response to an uproar about a Muslim cleric banning snowmen:

"Ask yourself:  Is this any funnier or more ridiculous than millions of folks the world over believing that, in the midst of a mystical ceremony with incantations and gesticulations, a flat disc of dried library paste actually BECOMES the flesh of a long-dead Jewish prophet?  And that consuming one of these wafers daily, or at least weekly, provides essential spiritual benefit?  Hilarious, no?

Hey.  I’m not a bigot.

I was raised Catholic.  But I outgrew it."

So, yeah.  Dried library paste.

In view of that, I don't think I'm crazy for believing a spirit eternally connected to mine returns to me in different forms as my spirit inhabits this particular human body.

In fact, it sounds entirely sane and reasonable.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment