Saturday, May 27, 2017

Rights

This came up on my Facebook newsfeed; "liked" (unfortunately) by a friend...


Two responses formed in my mind:

1.) ...And MY rights don't end in front of the muzzle of your gun...

2.)  No...but your willingness--even EAGERNESS--to hurt others' feelings says more about YOU than it does about ME...

But since the person who posted this IS my friend, I didn't put either of these comments on her Facebook post.

Just thought I would sneak them in here, in my very own private (pretty much) space.  

1 comment:

  1. I was always taught, and believe, that my rights end where another's begins. I was also taught not to wear your feelings on your sleeve. I was taught if you don't like what is or isn't legal to use the political process to change it. And I was taught that reasonable people could discuss things and at the worst agree to disagree. I look around at the media (news & social) at our politicians and the public at large and see a bunch of greedy, rude, arrogant, dependent, and morally corrupt children screaming and throwing tantrums. I don't hear a voice anywhere asking what would be good or best for America as a whole. Terribly sad.
    Featured Post: It's Not All Cookouts at Life & Faith in Caneyhead. :)

    ReplyDelete