Tuesday, June 18, 2013

To Do List

We signed the papers for the building yesterday.

We celebrated by doing the thing we do best.

We stayed up 'til midnight...arguing.

It was a great little fight, really.  Very instructive.  I learned a lot.

When it was over, he went to bed.  And I sat down with my laptop in the dark.  Too exhausted to do anything, too drained to sleep.

The first thing I saw on Facebook jumped off the screen and grabbed me by the throat.

One of those silly little memes that circulates around.  Who knows what it meant to the person who created it?  But to me, it seemed a message, from The Almighty straight to me.  It spoke to my wounded, empty heart.

 
Oh, boy.  A "To Do" list...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...stress does that to people, argue. sigh. Hope today is a better day to fly.

    ReplyDelete