Friday, February 9, 2018

Miss You SO Much

 


Yesterday afternoon, while digging for some tax documents. I came across an anniversary card from 1993. It was from my big sister, Joyce, who died less than two years later. 





The tears flowed, and all I could think was, "I miss you so much!"









Joyce had a capacity for showing and sharing love that none of the rest of us seem to have been blessed with.  There was a connection between the two of us, in particular;  in the last decade of her life, I moved to Oregon and she got sick.  But we held on to each other for dear life.
 


So I dreamed about her last night, something I haven't done in a long time. I don't even remember the dream...I just remember it was so nice to see her, to say her name and have her right there looking at me. 

 It felt like home.




 

1 comment:

  1. When remembrances warm our hearts rather than break them it is a treasured experience.

    ReplyDelete