Friday, April 13, 2018

Knees



When I do my devotion to the four directions in the morning, I ask each of my spirit guides to guide me in some way connected to what I have discerned is their "specialty," as it were. 

My Spirits of the South are hawk and owl--who have the ability to see things from far away and in dark places.  I ask those spirits to guide me to insight and vision--kind of a request to help me walk with an understanding of what I  normally might not see.

What I've had in mind has been more of an understanding of the motivations of other people in my life--people whose actions might piss me off or frustrate me.  It's all about ME, in the end, isn't it?

But, as usual, I've discovered that the Universe answers requests that you didn't know you made, knowing there are things you need to experience that you didn't know you needed to...or flat out didn't want to. 

Getting old is not for the faint of heart.  And being one of the younger of my circle of family and friends, it has almost been harder to watch the physical deterioration of my older siblings, than it has been to deal with my own descent into decrepitude.  Partly, I'm sure, because I'm resisting going there with every fiber of my being. (Though not enough, apparently, to be dedicated to exercising or keeping my weight down...)

My brother-in-law and my husband have both been suffering with knee issues for the past several years (and the husband is younger than I am!)  And I have to admit, I have looked upon them with a certain amount of impatient "get over it!" clouding my vision of their issues.  It has rankled me that, one by one, my family has aged out of things like hiking trails in the woods or even walking a mile on the beach.  Again, it was all about me.  "Poor me...I have to do all of these things alone." 

Well.  The Universe saw fit to give me a little better understanding of knee issues.

Three weeks ago, my left knee suddenly went tits up for no particular reason.  And I do mean "tits up." 

I've never experienced anything quite like this pain.  And the weird stiffness that comes with swelling inside the joint.  Yuk! It's just...horrible.

So I guess I will need to be a little more sympathetic to my crowd of achy-kneed siblings and assorted hangers-on.

But I have to admit to being a bit miffed with my Spirits of the South. 

I guess the moral of THIS story is, "Be careful what you wish for..."   



1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the knee. Getting older sucks. Slows you down, but doesn't have to completely stop you. So I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete