Thursday, February 13, 2020

All That Aside...

The state of our "leadership" in this country is so dismal and so hopeless...if I allowed that to become the overarching theme of my life, I'd have to jump off a bridge. 

That said, I've been experiencing an aching need to be in the outdoors with the wild things.  Honestly, I'm having trouble adjusting to the lack of choices of safe places to go, just me and my camera, around here in the Eugene area.  I had developed quite a roster of parks and trails in the Portland metro area, places that I could actually get out of the car and walk around without fearing for my safety.  Then again, I lived in the area for 18 years...  I've only been here for a year.  So I'm sure I'll find more to add to my list...but right now, Finley Wildlife Refuge is my only choice.

And I miss Sauvie Island so much some times, I want to cry. 

Between too much rain and struggling to get this house into a shape I can live with, I haven't got outside anywhere near as much as I'd like.  Even so, I've been out to Finley four times in the past two weeks. And actually brought my camera along, determined to get back to that thing that I enjoyed so much in the past.

I got some (bad) pictures...but there were a few that were tolerably decent.  Good enough to post here, anyway.  Can't be all gloom and doom all the time, or I'd go nuts(-er than I am already...)

Great blue heron, Northern shoveler, and tundra swan...for your (well, MY) enjoyment...




 

2 comments:

  1. After many years, tonight I stumbled upon "superhero", the blog of a Turkish lad, I used to call "my Turkish seanachie" who has stopped blogging many years ago, saw among the blogs "he follows" yours, and decided to have a look.
    My eyes liked what they saw, but I am a lazy commenter. Almost on my way back crossing the Atlantic, in the last moment I read in your introduction: [...] And I can't NOT write. But words that no one reads are like the tree that falls in the woods. And so I’ve pitched a tent on this blogging beach, where I load my messages into little bottles, cork them and heave them into the surf. And wait…
    I might not come back, but then thought I ought to least leave a little com(pli)ment.
    The peace of the night.

    ReplyDelete