Friday, March 27, 2020

Scary Times

Our world has become a very frightening place, for those of us of "a certain age."  And even those of us NOT of a certain age, if the twitterverse is an accurate sampling.

Those of us with health anxiety issues--from which I had been suffering mightily all winter--are hanging on by our finger- and toe-nails.  My sanity rides along a rail as gossamer as monofilament.  Ordinarily, a day at work or a shopping trip might serve to distract from the tingling terror that resides just under the surface of my skin. But, well, THAT isn't happening right now.

I'm grateful for my house--which we hammered into livable shape just in time.

I'm grateful for my little yard, with its birds, and its feral cats, and its view of the sky, and its places to sit.   

I'm grateful that this little place is not in danger of being repossessed because we can't pay a mortgage--which we do not have. 

I'm grateful that we have 2 cars sitting in the driveway that belong to US alone, that no bank can take away from us.

I'm  grateful that the Universe urged us to arrange our lives in this way, in time to face this crisis.

I'm grateful for so many things.

But I'm also frightened, and, at times, almost out of my senses with anxiety. 

So there it is.  That's me.

And this is where you'll find me for the foreseeable future--

 

No comments:

Post a Comment