Sunday, March 31, 2024

Saved By...What?

 

This seems an appropriate post for the day that Christians claim is the most important day of their liturgical calendar.

Easter Sunday.

The day their messiah is purported to have rolled away the stone and walked out of his grave alive.

This being the miracle that banished all sin and "saved" the human race.

That, right there, is the biggest single thing that makes Christianity...bogus.

"Jesus died for MY sins.  So I can do anything the hell I want, no matter how horrible, no matter whom it hurts, no matter the dire consequence for anyone (but me...), and all I have to do is screw up some tears and declare 'I'm sorry' and everything is all better."

The history of Christianity is built upon the bad deeds of (mostly) men who horrifically wronged anyone they chose, for any reason they chose, because, hey...if I fucked up, all I have to do is say "sorry," and I'll go to heaven anyway.  

That SO does not work for me.

And it doesn't work for anyone who isn't Christian, who is considered "other" by this tribe who believes it is saved from consequences by their god.

And it doesn't work for the earth, whose grievous injuries inflicted by those who are "saved" are not going to miraculously heal when that "sorry" echoes up to the deity they created in their own image.

And when I see these pumped up, misguided idiots lining up to purchase bibles signed by their own Anti-Christ...

Yeah.

Best argument in the world for atheism.


No comments:

Post a Comment