Thursday, July 4, 2024

New Words, Please…!

 


At first, “tired and used up” seemed appropriate terms for those words we toss around on every national holiday…

But after a little more thought, I realized the REAL problem I have with the old words.

If you are at all familiar with my writings, you know that I LOATHE “The Star-Spangled Banner”…

And, like Old Glory herself, the words to our national anthem have been weaponized by the right-wing crazies. 

“Freedom” applies to anything the hell I feel like doing, no matter how loathsome, selfish or evil… But not to anything YOU do that I’ve decided I don’t like.

“Bravery” refers to my propensity  to mercilessly bully and threaten those less fortunate or even just different from me.

It’s all very tribal…primitive and un-evolved.

And, I don’t know…

I just don’t think that is the crap the founders meant to encourage when they visualized the “Great Experiment.”

Just sayin’


No comments:

Post a Comment