Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Since You're All Dying To Know...

Last night’s meeting at the bank took an hour and a half. After ninety minutes of stupid bullshit questions that mostly re-hashed things I had put in my presentation (I don’t think she read it…What a colossal waste of time!) we left without signing on any dotted line for any specific amount of money. Now, she says, she’ll have to "crunch the numbers" and will get back to us on Wednesday. Dammit! We got enough of a commitment out of her to at least believe this was going to happen eventually ("You guys looked real good for the last deal we tried to put together, and that was for more money…") But it certainly wasn’t the definite yes or no, here’s-how-much answer I was expecting to have by the end of the day.

We decided to proceed with the seller as if we had the money in hand. Called the seller’s agent to tell him we were ready to present an offer, we just wanted to know what the firm "cash price" was… And he basically blew us off. "Oh, we don’t write anything up right away. Just float us a number, I’ll present it to the seller, and he’ll either accept, reject, or counter." What? For god’s sake…I just want to buy this business. Can I please just buy this business????? Can you please just tell me how the hell much f’ing money he wants for it? We’re ready. We don’t have the time (or the patience) to play "Let’s Make a Deal."

So, last night I was up until midnight crafting a carefully worded email to the seller about how we think his asking price was fair, we just want to know what his "discount for cash is," and we thought everyone wanted to get this deal done as quickly as possible. Copied Mr. Seller’s Agent, and my husband’s work email (he was long asleep by the time I had finished the thing.)

Hop out of bed this morning hoping to see a reply. From somebody. Nothing. Damn. My guts are twisting into tighter and tighter knots about this. So I shoot off an email to the hubs asking if he read it and what did he think?

Three minutes later, the phone rings. It’s the hubs. "So?" I ask. "What did you think?" "I just got off the phone with (Mr. Seller.) He called me on my cel. I did the deal. Everything is agreed to."

"Wha-wha-WHAT? Hold the phone…WHAT?"

So there it is. Just like…getting hit in the face with a pie.

A very expensive, gourmet to the hilt, rich and yummy French Silk Cream Pie. Which, when the shock wears off, I intend to spend delicious hours licking up every single bit. In a year or two. When I might again have the time to attend to such things.

Yay!

11 comments:

  1. Well, I THINK this is good.  Isn't it?  You have the place, but not the $$$?  But you will have the money???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! You're past one hurdle...now you "just" need to get the bank on board.  I hope you get more good news on Wednesday.  HEY!  That's tomorrow!

    I'm pulling for you Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray. Keeping you in my thoughts until the deal is sealed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck -- can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. If all this pulls together what will this do to your summer season? My fingers and toes are still crossed.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sounding pretty good.  Congratulations.  Keep us, your faithful readers, posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, I need an update on today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee yiyo kiyay, gallopin' all the way!  I think the bank is in the bag, too.  
    *debbi*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lisa...how absolutely wonderful for you!  I know this is a dream come true and I wish you the best as you pull this all together!  Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure why I didn't get this alert...but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, Lisa ..... that is wonderful news.  I am sooooo happy for you.  I just knew things would work out.  I can't wait to hear all the stories about how this comes together .... IF you will have the time to write them !  Congrats ... Tina

    ReplyDelete