Friday, June 9, 2017

I Hate Fed Ex

So...here's the sequence of events:

Fed ex notification earlier this week that my special package will be delivered Friday.
 

I get up stupid early so that I can catch them in case they hand it off to the Post Office,because that dame delivers at 6:30 am.
 

Feed cats, feed dog. take dog out to pee/poop.
 

Settle down in my recliner with my blanket, pillow and ipad to await delivery.
 

Check email.
 

Fed ex notification this morning that delivery date has been "updated" to Saturday.
 

I curse everything...go back to bed.
 

Get up at 8:30. Check email.
 

New Fed ex notification that delivery will be today and the package went on the truck for delivery at 7:03 am.
 

Make the decision that if I have missed that package, I will soon be on the phone screaming at Fed Ex.
 

Go out to check the mailbox to see if there is a "we missed you" notification from the Post Office in the box.
 

No note in the box. Now I'm thinking, "Shit...if that package is coming 'some time' today, I won't even be able to take a shower until after they get here."
 

Fed Ex truck drives up to the curb as I'm coming back from the mailbox.
 

All is well. But it just couldn't get that way without making me crazy first.
 

Did I mention I hate Fed Ex?

My parting analysis:  This is what happens when a service business grows itself beyond its capacity to provide acceptable service, as seems to be the patented American Way of doing business in the 21st century.  It is now an act of random chance ("luck," if you will) when an American consumer actually receives the service she pays for in a timely manner without numerous glitches, technical or otherwise. smh...     

2 comments:

  1. Crazy! Thankfully we live where we feel okay with them leaving it on the porch.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an $800 lens for my camera. Fed-Ex wasn't okay with leaving it on my porch.

      Delete