Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Long and Short Of It

So I got my hair cut.  Short.  The way I wore it when I was that restaurant-owner-warrior princess.

After losing that battle, I grew my hair out.  Under the pretense that I could no longer afford to have my hair done every six weeks, which is what it takes to maintain short hair in anything resembling good order.

But the real reason was that the short hair represented a person I no longer was.  And I had this unreasonable craving to BE someone else.  Because that person had failed miserably at what she had set out to do.  I was ISO a new life.  New life, new look.  Or something like that.

What I've learned in the past 30 months--other than that my hair just doesn't DO long anymore--is that I'm well beyond the place where I can "start a new life."  Whatever life I embrace going forward will be some combination of who I was, who I am, and who I want to be.

So I got brave, and decided that right now I need to tap back into some of that Warrior Princess...


2 comments:

  1. Lisa! I think you look great. You're so right about the $ upkeep of short hair and yet, when you have long hair all you do is put it up, tie it up, get it away from your face. I truly hope 2014 will be a good year to you and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meredith. And the same to you!

    ReplyDelete