Monday, October 5, 2015

Going Forward



After living through another year of watching the blog change character and lose audience, I’ve come to the conclusion that I will have to change my tactics or I will stop writing altogether.  With that in mind, I have decided this: Since this is my blog and I want it to continue to be a place that I come with the things I need to write about, I’m going to begin posting more of the kinds of things that I used to think unworthy, and frankly, BORING, to put out there for the eyes of the general public.  I am in a dark-ish place right now, and my personal writing is going to reflect that, and I know that people don’t really want to read that kind of thing.  But since the “general public” is SO unlikely ever to come here voluntarily, and even the “public” I used to write for mostly…doesn’t, I can’t think that my personal posts will chase anyone (else) away.

I will, from time to time, compose “op-ed” pieces on subjects of more general interest and post them here.  And to those, I will post links on Facebook.  But these…others…will simply appear, quietly, with no fanfare. 

So as a general rule, if you somehow receive notice that I have updated the blog, but haven’t seen a post on Facebook about it, be warned that it will be a post of a personal, and likely melancholy, nature.  Stay away if you have no appetite for that…

No comments:

Post a Comment