Monday, February 27, 2017

Harbinger


Today I had the boring and tedious task of driving "the rig" home from the last leg of an event in Newport.  And event that was not altogether successful.  Not a disaster....just not great.  Or good.  Or, really...enough.

But as I piloted the truck and trailer along the familiar roads toward home, I was twice surprised by robins shooting off from the side of the road right in front of the truck, as if they had some kind of crazy death wish.  This is not usual robin behavior.  Plus, as I look back at the past several weeks, robins have shown up again and again, in large numbers, in places and at times I would never expect.  So, yes...I think robin must have a message for me.

If  Robin shows up, it means:

It's time to let go of anything in your life that's outmoded and stagnant and plant the seeds for the new by setting your goals and intentions for the coming year.

Let go of your attachment to drama and allow as much joy and laughter into your life as you possibly can.

Your spiritual path is steady and slow, with challenges along the way, yet it inevitably leads to your achieving your spiritual ideals.

You have a beautiful song inside you, so do whatever it takes to share it with the world.

Expect new growth in a number of areas of your life.

Make a wish, be patient, and watch how it comes true. 

Usually, I pick my favorite bits out of these lists of "meanings,"  but this time, each point seemed to speak to something about which I have been puzzling for several months.  All in all, it looks like Robin wants to bring me a positive omen for change and growth with the coming of the new season...which, I have to say, has looked pretty far off until now...
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment