Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Do-Over, Please?




I was looking over my stats earlier today, and just randomly clicked on a post that showed up in the stats feed.  It was from 2015...and it actually had comments on it!  I guess I thought that commenting on blog posts had gone out of fashion long before that.  

For some reason, people are SO allergic to posting comments on blog posts, that even if I post a link to a post on Facebook, they come...but they don't comment.  Or, if they DO comment, they do it on the Facebook post, not at the blog.  I CAN NOT understand that. Have they forgotten how to log in?  Are they AFRAID to log in?  Does it just take too much time to log in and then leave a comment?

I Just. Don't. Get. It.

In view of all the recent crappy revelations about Facebook and what they actually DO with the information you knew was not private (if you had a brain in your head) but had no idea what kind of nefarious--even treasonous--purposes for which it could be exploited...  Why can't we all take a step backward and go back to blogging?  

Yeah...I know.  It'll never happen.  

That boat done sailed...and nobody ever goes backward when it comes to technology.

More's the pity, because clearly social media have gone completely out of control, and there seems no way to close THAT Pandora's box.  Even if we could gather up all the evil spirits and ill humours that have escaped from it into the world at large over the past ten years. 

These days, there are only problems...and no solutions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment