Thursday, March 17, 2022

My Advice...

 COVID-19 is now entering its third year of vexing the planet. 

I distinctly remember St. Patrick's Day, 2020.  It was the cliff from which I fell off into the abyss of anxiety in which I mostly floated, sometimes almost drowned, for weeks after the onset of COVID. 

We had our last lovely dinner together as an extended family--corned beef and cabbage at my sister's house.  Afterward, I stressed for two weeks at every twinge, just knowing I had contracted the dread disease and was going to end up in the hospital, or worse.  It was a terrible time.

I haven't written all that much about COVID issues since.  Which seems odd, since it has certainly dominated the world, the news, and our daily lives in these 2+ years.  I suppose I couldn't support endlessly beating that dead horse here on my blog, since it was all over every other aspect of social media.

But now, I think it's worth noting that the world seems to have decided it is done with COVID.  At least, the western world.  Mask mandates are being terminated all over Europe and North America.  Government agencies have all but given up on vaccination efforts, since we're now at the point where the benefit of vaccinations is very nearly neutralized by the damage done through the increasingly violent political polarization surrounding them. 

And it's also worth noting that just because we want to be "done" with COVID-19, this does not mean that COVID-19 is done with us.  

My advice, as captured on Twitter:


I will now step off my soap box (and don my N95...)

No comments:

Post a Comment