Sunday, October 9, 2022

A Protracted "10 Things..."


 

I've been mostly MIA for the past many moons.  I don't know what my problem has been.  Not exactly been too busy, though we did (finally!) do the Scandinavian Festival in August.  Which kept us busy and exhausted until about September 1.

I'm going to try to catch up by concocting a "Ten Things" list.  I'll include snippets about what I've been up to all summer, plus maybe some short mentions of things that have been going around in my head the past several months.

Let's start with 

1.)  It finally got me.  COVID, that is.  Came home from our little trip up to the PDX area and promptly came down with the sore throat and the head like a medicine ball, though I never ran a high fever.  I was miserable for almost a week.  Didn't sleep worth a damn for days running...because I really can't sleep when my sinuses are so blocked that I can't breathe.  I did take one of those rapid at-home tests, and of course it came out negative.  But those things are notoriously unreliable, and no one is going to convince me that I didn't have COVID.  Despite me being 3x vaxxed and boosted, and wearing masks religiously when indoors in public, somehow the virus found me, the bastard.  Ack.  Now I have to wait some untold number of weeks before I can get the new Omicron-specific booster.  Though, at this point, I'm not sure whether it's worth it to bother. 

Let's leave this here, and see if I can come up with #2 tomorrow.    



No comments:

Post a Comment