Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

I woke up at 6 this morning. Looked at the clock, gave it the raspberries and went back to sleep. Woke up again at 7:20. Neaner, neaner. Rolled over and checked out once again. Resurfaced at 9:15. Grudgingly, I dragged myself upright, guessing I may have made up for one or two of the sixteen hours of sleep I lost over the weekend. Fifteen-hour workdays, with four or five hours of sleep in between. I’m almost ready to say that I’m too old for that crap anymore…but the weekend was such a financial success, that I’m more likely to be crowing that, by God, I’ve still got what it takes.

Despite several challenges, we had a great event. The weather was beautiful the first two days, then showed its fangs and turned beastly hot on Saturday and Sunday. This did not seem to deter the patrons much, as we continued to do record business, only now we were doing it from an 8’ x 20’ sauna.

Today I am tired. And I am stupid. But I have $17000 in a zip-lock bag under my mattress. (Not really. I used to do that. In the early days of our success at the Scandi, I used to love to just sleep on top of all that cash… But my husband, McGruff, nearly had apoplexy. So these days, it zooms dutifully off to the bank.)

I have been trying to keep up with my journal reading and commenting. There are ideas for a lot of posts floating around in my head, including a "Tag, You’re It" entry inflicted upon me by Cynthia J . But at this moment, I haven’t got two brain cells that are active enough to rub together and create anything more inspiring than a yawn. Give me a little more recovery time and I’ll be back…

6 comments:

  1. LIsa-
    You and everone looks absolutely great! And it looks like even thought it was very, very hard work-you had a good time! Am I righ?

    Thanks for sharing and good job!

    Gayla
    http://journals.aol.com/schoolgal040/SoMuchMore

    ReplyDelete
  2. After four sixteen hour days the brain cells and the rest of you are entitled to several high fives and few hours off. :-)

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time. So glad you were successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!  Terrific!  & time for Pics!!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh!  You look so cute in your costume!  How fun to dress for the festivities!  I am so glad that you had a successful time at the event!  It makes up for the slow ones!  Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like fun - glad you had success on top of it! ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete