Monday, June 3, 2019

Home


Four months ago, our realtor told us this was the room that was going to sell our house.  

  

I'll admit, I loved that room.  It was the heart of our house...an ever-changing gallery.  A place to display so many pretty things that I loved.  It was warm, it was comfortable, it was beautiful.  It was...home.  
 
But we had to leave that home behind.  For so many good reasons.  For all that it was home, it was far away from...everything.  And lonely. And big and dusty and...just too much.  Too much for two old farts to hold together any more.  

So we said hello to this:



And goodbye to this:


We had to lose literally half our stuff, since the new house is half the size of the old.  There was SO much stuff that "no longer served," so it was relatively easy to send away.  But also, a lot of stuff I did love, but knew there would be no place for in the tiny home; that was not so easy. 

I had in mind to make a completely fresh start.  To create new spaces for the new home, with new and different arrangements of the stuff I had left.  I unpacked, and I arranged, and I re-arranged...  And in the end, the arrangements that I settled upon looked SO much like smaller versions of my old rooms.  Which was okay.  Because with each addition of some familiar piece I had been able to keep, or been unable to lose... 



The house felt more...

...like mine.  


MY house.


Filled with MY stuff.


MY magic. MY comfort.  MY sanctuary.

I am home.

1 comment: