Monday, January 18, 2021

Is It 💩 or Is It 🥇

 


“I need to do something about this.”

Ok.  Here’s “something.”

I want to preface by saying this is in no way a “New Year’s Resolution.”  I don’t do those, for obvious reasons.  I have a REALLY hard time with failure.  This is the chief reason my life has been mostly about not challenging myself overmuch.  I never want to start something I don’t have at least a 75% chance of completing without trying very hard.  No New Year’s Resolutions for me.  365 days is just too long to promise (and fail) to keep doing anything.

Back to “something.”

I’m going to start posting regularly.  Not because I have this backlog of wonderful, thoughtful, stupendous commentary swirling around in my brain (though by all rights, I SHOULD have...)  But because it’s a helluva lot more stimulating than playing four hours of solitaire every day. 

Or hanging around Twitter, where I am reminded daily that I am merely an insignificant pimple on the colossal ass of social media.

I’m going to spend the hour between 10:00 and 11:00 AM writing.  Something.  Anything.  And then I’m going to post it.

It will either be 💩 or it will be 🥇.  Or golden shit.  Or shitty gold.  Maybe I’ll even give each piece a rating when I post it.

I’ll be back tomorrow with my first attempt.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment