Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Let’s Rate Yesterday’s Post

 I give it a 65.  You can't dance to it.

But seriously...I think we'll call this shitty gold.

I'll give myself some credit for actually sitting down and finishing the post.  It took me four hours.

I won't say it was four hours wasted, because I didn't have anything else more pressing on the schedule.

But it's obvious that I've either gotten very rusty or lost my touch entirely (if I ever had it...)  Time will tell.

Too melodramatic.  Too wordy.  Strange metaphorical imagery.  Like I couldn't make up y mind whether I was composing a political opinion piece or an epic poem.

I suppose I could edit it, spiff it up, make it into something I could be a little prouder of.

But the moment is past.  The inauguration is over.  Biden and Harris have been properly and relatively peacefully installed into their official positions.  

So I'll just leave this as is.  I can use it as a yardstick for future improvement.  If future improvement is in the offing.  We can always hope.   


1 comment:

  1. Feels like the Fourth of July and time to take a good deep breath. Heck I believe you can write politics and poetery at the same time. Heck look at the Gettysburg Address. Now let's see if I can hit the right button this time.

    ReplyDelete