Friday, February 19, 2021

May He Spend Eternity in the Hell He Tried to Create on Earth

Much of my identity here on the interwebs is tied up in my liberal politics and my sanctimonious political commentary.  I've been speaking (writing) out about political issues since the Bush II Administration.  One of my first posts--back in October of 2003--was about Arnold Schwarzenegger being elected governor of California. So it's not like my blog hasn't dived into political controversy from the very beginning.

And I wouldn't be worth my salt as a progressive commentator if I didn't in some way make mention of the death of Rush Limbaugh this past Wednesday.  

I think if I got going on about him, I'd never be able to stop.  And I don't seem to have the will to organize a comprehensive post about a man who single-handedly perverted the minds of discontented white middle Americans for over 30 years--filling them with lies, racism, misogyny, disrespect, xenophobia and hatred.  A man who conjured up and normalized every dirty little secret residing in the soul of every disaffected white American from Atlantic to Pacific.  

"You hate blacks?  That's ok.  They ARE uneducated monkeys out to steal your women and jump ahead of you in the employment line." "You hate immigrants?  That's ok!  They ARE here to rape your sisters and steal your jobs!"  "You hate feminism?  That's ok!  Women belong at home behind the stove or in your bed with their mouths shut!" Et cetera.

Ahhh...see what I mean?  I was just going to write a short introduction for the pictures I'm going to post, and I'm already up to two paragraphs.

So, anyway...

In the heat of the Twitter moment, I made some comments about Limbaugh and his demise.  Twitter can be a great editor...the 280 character limit can really help one to distill one's thoughts.  So rather than go on for pages and pages of impotent rage, it seems easiest to just put my original off-the-cuff thoughts here:



Clarence Darrow wrote: “All men have an emotion to kill; when they strongly dislike some one they involuntarily wish he was dead. I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.”

Darrow was much more PC than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment