Sunday, February 28, 2021

Show & Tell Sunday: Finally Found the Owls

Three years ago, I tried to salvage an anxiety-shortened vacation by following a tip to a local place where I was told I might see short-eared owls.

Lo and behold, the tip proved good, and I got my first glimpse and photos of the little munchkins (which are not so little when they spread their wings.)

Unfortunately, in three years, I've returned to that location time after time, but have been unable to duplicate the experience.  

Until this week.

I finally hit on the right combination of weather (not rain), timing (just before it got too dark to photograph), and patience.  

And was well rewarded.

So of course, stoked by my success, I've been out there twice more in three days.

And got skunked both times.

Just goes to show, you have to take the gifts the Universe provides as they come.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment