Friday, May 7, 2004

Bzzzzzzzz...Ouch!

Wow...if you want to stop people from leaving comments in your journal, write something political! LOL!  It just goes to show that the people of the journal communtiy are not without manners...Mom always said, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!  I know you all probably don't agree with my political views, and it was nice of you NOT to write ugly comments or call me an idiot.  Anyway, I have that out of my system for a while, and I will come down off my soapbox now!

I only have time for a quick entry...gave myself 22 minutes to read new entries and write something myself this morning, and I only have 10 minutes left.  Here's an odd story about something that happened to us as we were driving up the highway to St. Helens.

We were going along, minding our own business, when suddenly, "Whap! Whap! What-whap-whap-whap-splat-splat-splat!"  These huge drops of...something...were spattered all over the windshield.  At first, we thought we had driven into a squall.  It had been raining on and off all day...but there were no clouds above us at the moment.  Then we realized that the fifty or more splatters of clear liquid on the windshild were...bug guts!  We looked at each other..."What the hell was THAT???"

I leaned forward to peer at the dozen or so carcasses that were trapped under the windshield wiper.  Bees!  We had driven through a swarm of honeybees...at sixty miles an hour.  Ewwww!! 

AND we got to see the world through fifty-odd splashes of honeybee guts until we got home and hosed off the truck, because the windshield washer feature is one of the many systems that has gone by the wayside on our 22-year-old pick-up truck.  I gotta say, this experience was a first!

On that note, I wish you all a happy, bee-gut free weekend.

BTW, I have to mention that, this week, I received a solicitation from the AOL Editors for their whole "top five journal" thing.  I swear, this just confirms my suspicion that they DO NOT read the journals that they solicit.  If ONE "masked obscenity" was enough to rate the much bally-hooed disqualification of a journal a few weeks back, then the editors (if they actually READ the journals) would not touch MY journal with a ten-foot pole (LOL!)  I personally think they just pick names out of a hat or something...  :-]

10 comments:

  1. Comments do drop off when you rant, but it feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we went on our last trip to Arizonia you wouldn't believe the huge Bug splats on our window! All goes to show sometimes you're the windshield sometimes you're the bug!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a riot...I wish you a bug free weekend also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh out loud.  Remind me to send you my favorite "soap box" emoticon--I use it as disclaimer all the time, but not for political ends.  You might enjoy this entry in one of my journals.  (I know I did...)

    http://journals.aol.com/cyberdancer1008/Cyberdancing/entries/326

    ~~d.queen, a.k.a. mumsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sincerely hope you arrive on the top five.  I was in Florida once during the "love bug" infestation!  What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck - bug guts.  The poor bees.  We're expecting the 17 year cicada infestation this summer...should make for lots of guts.  I'd better check that fluid.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you make the top 5-  the editors seem to be working hard to redeem themselves.  If they need guts, I will point them in the direction of your windshield!Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, that is soooo gross about the bees! I can't believe that happened. LOL  

    As for your political views, I imagine I agree with them.  Aren't most of the journaling folks coming from a liberal perspective?  I'll have to read that entry before I can go on too much, though. :-D

    Oh, and cool on the editors top 5. Their selections really are confusing, aren't they?  I definitely think yours is deserving of the honor.  But, their selections are so random and confusing...  I rarely look to see who they have chosen.  I also got a bit perturbed *several months ago when they sent me a notice saying they were considering mine.  Well, that was the last I heard of it. :-/   Now, I guess that's just fine, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1) I agree with your thoughts on the war; #2) Your haircut actually looks rather nice, I think; #3) Our vacation was nothing but bug carnage! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I was so far behind. I've commented on all the entries that I missed. I'm not really sure what to say about the bug guts though, other than ewwwwwww!!!!
    :-)---Robbie

    ReplyDelete