Thursday, May 27, 2004

Next on the Agenda

 

Whew!  I'm still not completely recovered from the family visit.  What an old fart I am (LOL!)  All that running around for the weeks beforehand...and then the four days of intensive entertaining.  The last few days, I've really felt sort of at loose ends.  I'm inclined to enjoy the rest of this week as my "vacation," since this is the last few days of the "Month With No Work."  But I have a lot of things to iron out for the business. 

Part of what's holding me back is the fact that I need to send out checks for some licenses and things, and the bank account is a little anemic.  Unfortuately, that situation isn't going to change, at least not until after our first event in June (I HOPE), so NOT sending out the checks isn't really doing me any good (Does that make any sense?)  Guess I'll just have to tap into the savings account.  Ugh!  I HATE doing that!

It has finally decided to start raining.  The weatherman has been threatening rain for the last three weeks, and it has done little more than be dark and cloudy, and piss lightly (whenever we wanted to do anything outside.)  But the last two days it has been raining in earnest.  Good for the new grass (which was starting to resemble a Brillo pad), but hardly motivational for ME.  Rainy days make me just want to sit around and mope; or curl up with a good book and eat (and I'm not EVEN going to go THERE.)  So I basically have to kick myself in the ass to get anything done.  Guess I'll go downstairs and get another cup of coffee, and see if that will get my butt moving any faster.  I'm on half-caf these days...not completely off the "no-caffeine" wagon, but sort of being dragged behind it a little bit!

On the docket for today is product development.  (It was on yesterday's docket, too, but I blew it off and went shopping instead!)  I am going to develop my Napoleon recipe...really a must, since I'm planning on serving them at the event we're doing in a week and a half!  I just can't get anything done unless I'm faced with a dire deadline.  Last-minute Lisa---that's me.  Wish me luck.  I'll post pictures if I come up with something halfway decent.  I'd hand out samples, but...well, that would be a little tough, wouldn't it?

                                          

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Napoleans.Not easy but so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not feeling motivated at all either.  Our weather is beautiful right now, no rain predicted for the next several days so I don't have the rain as an excuse! Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need rain here so badly!!!!  I'm like you when it rains--I just want to laze around in bed and read and be a queen.  Good luck with the Napoleon's.  It's just too darn bad we can't get a taste of those...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It rained here today and it was actually pleasant.  I love the smell of rain and the way it cools everything so..

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm, that sounds so good!  I will enjoy a virtual sample, with no calories!  How good is that!

    Hey, we could be the Last-minute Lisa twins!  I am always running late and I do my best work under pressure!  Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer! No samples! I'm like you though. The stress of the last minute motivates me to get things done. I hate it and try not to be that way but it just is.
    :-) ---Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling the same way...lacking motivation and not feeling enough interest in anything.  I hope it passes soon...for us both.  

    ReplyDelete