Monday, May 10, 2004

Post Turtle

I have to thank my sister-in-law for the following anecdote.  I rarely like forwarded emails, but this one I not only LOVED, but I sent on to all my "bleeding heart liberal" friends and family:

Post Turtle


While suturing a laceration on the hand of a 75-year-old Texas rancher
(whose hand had caught in a gate while working cattle), a doctor and the
old man were talking about George W. Bush being in the White House. The
old Texan said, "Well, ya know, Bush is a 'post turtle'." Not knowing
what the old man meant, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was. The
old man said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come
across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post
turtle."
The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to
explain, "You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong
there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just want
to help the poor stupid b*****d get down."

 

 

10 comments:

  1. That was just the smile I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you really do hate that man, don't you?  This is funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the story is too cute! Even the picture is.  I can't imagine finding the perfect picture like that.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard anymore from the Editors about being a pick?  Can't wait to hear!!  Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I will be emailing this out to all my friends. LOL :-) ---Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me really laugh....I know lots and lots of post turtles personally.  Really.

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this story. ANd I agree with it 100 percent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ain't that the truth!!  Thanks for a great laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is priceless, from a Bleeding heart liberal Quaker...

    ReplyDelete