Tuesday, November 19, 2013

New Tuesday Series: Life is Good....



I was riffling through the pages of a catalog I received in the mail (I get a million catalogs, since I am a frequent flier at Amazon…)  and I came upon these cute t-shirts and sweatshirts emblazoned with the sentiment:  “Life is good.”

I thought about that for a minute.  Hmmm.  Life is good?  “Good” would not be the first adjective that would spring to mind if someone requested me to fill in that blank.  Life is ________.

What would be my knee-jerk response?

Life is:  a pain in the ass, sometimes.

Life is:  an uphill battle.

Life is:  what it is. 

Life is…good?

It occurred to me that perhaps I might take that concept and develop it a bit.

I’ll bet I could come up with one “Life is good because________________ every week.

So here’s this week’s.

Wait a minute.  Let me think about this for a bit.  Maybe I could cough one up by…next Tuesday.

No.  Here.  I have one.

Life is good…because I could sit on my deck with a glass of wine in my hand, a peach and gold sunset painting the sky, and watch a little downy woodpecker rat-a-tatting his way up the trunk of one of my poplar trees, just before it got too dark for bird watching.

You know what?


Life IS good!    
       

3 comments:

  1. You wake up in the middle of the night and there's a nice warm cat snuggled at your back. Hey, you take what you can get. LOL Oh and lunch. Sorry I didn't forget...really. Anyplace in the Salem area that we don't have to climb stairs to get in. McGrath's has decent food, but I'm not married to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like life is better when you look out rather than in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is good because...we don't live in a war-torn country that we hear and read about every single day of our lives. Way too long for a T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete