Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Pumpkin #7--Soggy but Still Afloat



This picture is a souvenir from my whirlwind trip to Wisconsin last month.  A small touristy town not far from my niece's apartment was having its Harvest Festival the weekend I was there.  I had to attend all by myself in a rented car...but that's a different story.  However...

These pumpkins were all carved and ready for the "Pumpkin Regatta"that was to take place on Sunday of that weekend.  Yes...these huge pumpkins are carved into small boats and raced down the river.  Unfortunately, it rained so much overnight and the morning of, they were still bailing out their small watercraft while I was there.  I don't know if they ever actually got to the race, as the weather turned foul, blustery and rainy for the whole rest of the day.

***Note the "G"--for Greenbay Packers--on the green pumpkin in back.  Proof positive that I really WAS in Wisconsin, where life is ALL about the Packers.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment