Thursday, October 31, 2019

Pumpkin #8--Pumpkins are for Kids...

I suppose I could/should have posted some spooky image of a real live Halloween pumpkin, this being THE day, and all...

But I couldn't get THIS image out of my mind.

It's a picture--an actual photograph on paper and everything--that I took back in 1997.  We were having a pumpkin-decorating party on my sister's back deck.  All the family's kids were there...all those kids who now mostly have kids of their own of the age they were when this picture was taken.

The picture is of my niece, Miss Leah.  At the ripe old age of 5.  Miss Leah is now gainfully employed, rocking an apartment in the Northland (PDX area), living the life of a successfully fledged millennial.  

But a couple of days ago, she was hugging this pumpkin, lugging it to the table to join the party.

They. Grow. Up. So. Fast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment