Friday, November 1, 2019

Photo November

Well, pumpkin week is over.  But I've kind of enjoyed this daily picture-posting thing, so let's see how long we can keep it going.

Lately, I've been enjoying slide shows of all the pictures I have saved to my various devices.  And I'm going to say that a hefty percentage of those pictures are of...birds, of course.

I used to post my bird pictures on Facebook...but since that platform descended into the hell it created, I have not and will not honor it with my presence.

I do miss posting those pictures, though.  So I'm going to declare November 2019 "Bird Month."  Wherein I will post one of my favorite bird photos every day for the next 30 days.  Accompanied, or not, by a story or comment.

Let me start with this picture I took yesterday, of the tundra swans returning to the marsh at Finley NWR.  I don't know exactly where the swans migrate from, but it seems they are arriving quite early this year.  No doubt a manifestation of the weird weather hiccups caused by global climate change.  

I just love the sight of these graceful white bodies sailing overhead against the blue of a crisp autumn sky.  I must have snapped fifty shots yesterday...but I"ll just post one...   


or two...


No comments:

Post a Comment