Thursday, November 21, 2019

2008 Pelicans


Once again, I got to thinking about my favorite bird pictures...and got one in my mind that I had to go searching for.

Evidently, I don't have this one on any of the various hard drives and "magic sticks" that I have lying around.  But I knew about when I took it, so I went searching for it...here.

I first posted it on "Terms" in 2008, after coming back from a restorative long weekend at Lincoln City's Road's End.  It was just after I got my D40, and I had taken the new camera down to the beach early in the morning to see what it could do.

And "what it could do" was pull in shots of distant birds in flight, stop the action, and come up with an image that one could actually recognize as the bird it was a picture of.

I have since learned a lot (though not enough) about photographing birds in flight.  But this was my first taste of success in that direction, and I remember and treasure it to this day.

 

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic shot for just about any photographer.

    ReplyDelete