Sunday, November 24, 2019

New(er) Pic


I decided I should dispense with posting relatively ancient photographs, and post something more recent.  Ok, I thought, I'll go to my last download of photos and pick out my favorite.

Well, the whole hubbub of buying/selling/fixing up houses put me in a space where I had little to no time to spend out in nature with the camera. I had to go all the way back to New Years Day 2019 to find a download of images shot on a designated bird/camera foray.  I guess my New Years resolution for 2020 will have to be to get out there with the photo equipment more often...

On that particular day, we drove the route through Finley NWR north of Corvallis--which will from now on replace Sauvie Island as my go-to nature retreat. Sauvie is a long drive from here...Finley is less than 1/2 hour.  And provides abundant opportunities to commune with the wild things.

It's about time I shared an image of a heron--the bird which I consider my power animal. 

This picture is of "Henry," so named by the community of folks who regularly do the circuit around Finley with their cameras.  During the winter months, "Henry" can almost always be found on this log or somewhere around it, about 10 yards from the road, posing prettily for the goofy humans crunching slowly by on the gravel in their giant metal and glass photo blinds with oatmeal-box protuberances hanging out their windows.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment