Tuesday, December 13, 2016

When I'm An Old Woman, I Shall Wear...Blingy Shoes


The original name of this blog was "Coming to Terms With Middle Age."  On good days, I still believe that I'm middle-aged; and still trying to come to terms with it. But the fact is, I have left middle age behind...without ever having actually come to terms with it.  I guess that's the reason  I shortened the name of the blog to just "Coming to Terms."  The middle age part is history.

Back in 2004, I posted a little blurb about this crazy pair of shoes I had bought--a pair of gold satin open-toed pumps with three-inch spike heels.  Forty-nine years old, and I was rockin' the stilettos for the first time in my life.  I loved those shoes, but they were direly uncomfortable.  I sucked it up and wore them about twice, then they sat and collected dust in the bottom of my closet for close to a decade before I finally shipped them to the Goodwill.

So now I'm old, and I can't even entertain the idea of heels of any height.  But...but...I still love shoes!  I want pretty shoes, dammit! 

And yesterday, I found some.

Are they blingy?  Yes.  Are they impractical?  Probably.  Are they slightly out of style and even a bit juvenile?  Uh-huh.  Do I care?  Not even a little. 

They're pretty and sparkly...and wearable.  And they make me feel like a million bucks.  
 

 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment