Thursday, October 27, 2016

October Owls!


Just when I'm ready to concede that I've wasted $1400 on technology that I'll never be able to command...

And spent hours traipsing over fields and through woods, braving the chill and dodging raindrops,  juggling my intimidatingly pricey (not to mention weighty) equipment and not even encountering anything worth pointing the camera at...

And, so, seriously considered setting the camera aside for awhile...maybe a long while...because obviously I haven't the talent nor the tech-savvy nor the patience to actually be good at this...

Along comes a day like today.

Where a spur-of-the-moment decision to take advantage of a couple of dry hours between storms (complete with a late afternoon sun ray or two) turns into the photo op of the month.  Possibly even the year.

I grabbed my camera on a whim, "just in case we see anything interesting."

And, boy...did we.
 

Who expected to see, and hear, great horned owls on the trail a couple miles from home, in the early evening in the middle of October?
 

You could have knocked me over with a feather.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment