Thursday, October 6, 2016

Updating My Tactics

Less than a week into the challenge, and I've already learned something.  Or perhaps, been compelled to acknowledge a recurring issue that I guess I've been reluctant to concede:

Blogging--at least, here at "Coming to Terms"--is no longer an interactive game.  I've known that for years.  Visitors are infrequent, comments rare, and conversation all but extinct.  I suppose that's what Facebook is for, these days.  But I really don't get it.  Is it too hard to leave a comment on a blog?  Is is so terribly passe that it just Isn't Done?  I mean, I understand that not every post inspires comment.  But when I ask a direct question of the "audience" and get...crickets...?  It's kind of depressing.

Ah, well.  No matter.  I shall not let this dampen my resolve.  Onward toward 1300 posts.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of music shall I play to urge you on? Bagpipe marches? Celtic? Swing? Found a really cool CD with the pipe band of the Black Watch one of highland regiments. Titled the Ladies of Hell. Look it up, the story is kind of cool. So the story goes, at least some of the highlanders wore their kilts into battle during the first world war. Totally unnerved, so the story goes, some of the German troops.

    ReplyDelete